lunes, marzo 07, 2005

Nearly party time

Okay, the kiddo is going to be 3 in 37 days.

Last year at this time, I was abuzz with party planning activities, deciding on the theme, getting decorations and party favours. I bought a small helium canister to inflate my own balloons. I even decorated the cake myself.



You can see other pictures from the festivities here, if you'd like.

This year is a different story. I just realised a couple of days ago that the kid has an upcoming birthday. The year seems to be going by so quickly.

I have no idea if I'm going to have a party, or if I do...will anyone show up? Last year, I invited about 7 children from his class at daycare and asked that the parents RSVP. I got one definite "We'll be there" and one "Maybe," but nothing from the others. So I had no idea if the others were going to show or not. I prepared for 8 kids plus parents. It ended up being 2 kids, Julian and me, my mom, my sister, one niece, and my friend Jon with his girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, Enzo had a great time. He had no idea that 6 of his other friends were invited and didn't come.

I was thinking that if we have a party this year, I'd have it somewhere other than our house. Like maybe Chuck E. Cheese. But I'd hate to pay for a party, since the minimum cost is $40 plus tax, and have no one there but my family and then have to endure an hour and a half with a singing mouse. Hmmm. Maybe I won't have a party per se, but just take Enzo out with our family somewhere.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

When I was little, and time & money were tight (as I know they are with you guys!), my mom would have a potluck. . . it was all family, no friends. . . but everyone brought something. My mom would bake the cake & decorate & the others would contribute. . . just an idea. . . I remember hating when we did nothing for my birthday (it happend a few times). . . We did this until i was about 6. The she managed to have some real parties since I was older & wiser....... As for your 3 yar old. . . Enzo won't be the wiser. Good luck!

3/07/2005 01:36:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Julian says no to the party, that we'll just make him a cake, buy him the "special dinosaur" that he wants, and call it a birthday. That works for me. One less thing for me to stress over.

3/07/2005 04:13:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home