martes, marzo 01, 2005

The Joys of Toddlerhood

I can't have a lit candle in my house. I just lit a candle and put it on the dining room table. Enzo promptly climbed up in one of the chairs, leaned across the table, joyfully proclaimed,"It's a party!" and blew out my candle. Not once, twice, but four times now. I give up.

Earlier today, I took a shower. Enzo walked into the bathroom and yelled, "You're naked! I'm going to bite your naked!" Where this comes from, I don't know. Anyway, he proceeded to try to bite my ass. Is it bad to be nude in front of your kids? At what age do you stop? It's not like I lounge around the house au naturel or anything, he sees me in the bathroom or in my bedroom changing clothes. Have I scarred my kid for life?

Speaking of bad parenting, there's a great post on Moxie on the subject. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one to drop my kid out of a chair or forget to buckle him in his car seat.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

As a 1st gen american, I was raised in a house hold that was not afraid of nudity. . . . My mom still feels comfortable being nude (ie. changin, etc) around me. . . my dad, well, I am too old for that now! but Naked was never an issue. . . so long as kids are taught that nudity is not bad & that there are appropriate places to expose themselves, then I think it is ok. . . after all, america is such a prude when it comes to basic nudity. . . .

as for enzo's comment, I think it's cute. . . can't imagine where he came up with it, but it sounds completely innocent. . . .

as to the car seat fiasco, my friend, tanya has done the same thing.. you are SO not alone. . . hell, I'll probably do the same wiht my kids once i have them!

3/02/2005 05:45:00 a.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Coffee with no pants. That's kind of catchy. Maybe I should write a song called "Coffee with no pants." Heh.

I know I'm probably worrying too much about the whole nudity issue. My parents were very prudish...they were raised in a totally different generation. My mom graduated from high school in 1956. I know things were way different then than they are now, and hey...I'm not my mom. And that's a good thing.

I'm trying to teach Enzo that nudity in the right/appropriate situation is fine and that his body is not something to be ashamed of.

3/02/2005 05:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

You are wrong for saying that.

3/03/2005 04:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Katrina said...

I, for one, am anxiously awaiting your song about pantless coffee...come on, now, who wouldn't pay for that? :)

3/03/2005 07:42:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, man. We both sleep in the nude, and our kid has decided that's her favourite mode, too. Nudity doesn't bother anyone in this house... but she has never tried to bite our nakeds! LOL. My parents slept nude wandered around in the morning nude so I never had a hangup about it; I guess I have passed that along. As for coffee naked? Well, it doesn't happen often... just in the summer! LOL

3/06/2005 09:38:00 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home