jueves, diciembre 30, 2004

I went out for a bit

I went out to get lunch. I never actually got anything to eat, because I couldn't decide what I wanted. I guess I wasn't that hungry.

I did go to the liquor store, though, and bought some champers for tomorrow night and a bottle of wine -- a Malbec from Mendoza.



I also went to the Little Rock visitors center.



They have lots of neat brochures, and very helpful staff. Too helpful, maybe. They wanted to know where I was from so I could sign a guest book. I felt kind of stupid saying that I was from Little Rock, so I lied. Is that bad? Maybe. I got a whole bag full of brochures and maps and was off on my merry way.

Just down the street, like a block or so, from the visitors center is Trapnall Hall. It was built in the mid-1800s. It's the Governor's official receiving hall, and can also be rented for parties and receptions. I attended a wedding reception here and it was gorgeous!



Those are my only two photos for the day...so far. I just haven't been in a fabulous mood today. Maybe it's the weather. It's pretty overcast, and a little warm. It's currently 68°F here. Wow. And to think, a week ago we had snow on the ground. It's supposed to be pretty warm the next few days, with a little rain in the forecast, and then next Friday, another chance of snow. What's up with this weather?

I also coloured my hair again today -- a little darker brown than before. My blonde roots were starting to show.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dominic said...

let me know how that malbec is. this was the last one i had that vani brought up. it was very good. quite dry and strong, mahogany color with a mildly raisiney taste.

12/31/2004 11:10:00 a.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

It's pretty good. Fairly dry, strong. It's a nice aubergine colour. It was too much for Julian. He says that about the only wine he drinks is Comte Valmont. I haven't been able to find any around here, or online that will actually ship to Arkansas.

It was $11, I think. And yes, I'm sure it's much cheaper there. I don't think I want to know.

12/31/2004 03:58:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home