viernes, febrero 11, 2005

It's Friday!

But today is my Wednesday. Bleh. I had forgotten how much working the whole weekend sucked.

Today is payday for us. It always amazes me how the money seems to be spent before it's even deposited in my accounts. I guess that's part of the joy of being an adult.

Things have been relatively uneventful around here. My biggest excitement this week has been the disappearance of Enzo's jacket at daycare. Hopefully that remains the biggest excitement, unless Ed McMahon wants to show up at my door with a cardboard check for $10 million.

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Maybe sooner than that. We're only open on Sundays now because of some EVP in sales who overrode our EVP. Basically they wanted us to be open to support the sales reps that were working on Sundays. It's pointless. Last Sunday, we (all 4 of us) together took about 3 calls from sales reps and the other calls were from other companies or customers. We took a total of 34 calls in 8 hours. To give you an idea of how slow that is, the average rep in our customer service organisation is expected to take 14 calls an hour and is logged on the phone for 7.5 hours. If we were meeting these standards, we would have taken over 400 calls.

I've worked the whole weekend before, but it was a little different before Enzo. When I first started at my current company, I worked 4 days a week: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Each day I worked from 10-9. Somehow I still managed to have a social life, but it was a little easier then because a)no kids and b)we lived just a few blocks from our favourite bar downtown. I'd get home from work, change clothes and be out until last call. And then get up and do it all again. :)

2/11/2005 07:53:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home