martes, febrero 08, 2005

Ants

In case I haven't mentioned it before, I hate ants. We peacefully coexisted until we moved into our current apartment, though. I only saw them when I was outside. That's where ants live and belong, right?

Apparently they also inhabit our apartment. I've had recurring bouts with ants since we moved in here. I've seen them in our kitchen, both bathrooms, our living room and our dining room. I've been complaining about the ants since we moved in here over 3 years ago, and my complaints have fallen largely on deaf ears. I was once told that since no one else living around me was complaining about ants, that I must have brought them with me when I moved in. What?! There's no way I could have brought the number of ants I've seen with me. They'd probably fill multiple ant farms.



They seem to come from somewhere down behind/below the dishwasher and around the bathtub faucets. In the other areas of the house, I have no idea. I just want them gone. What do I have to do to make our apartment management stop playing the blame game and get an exterminator in here?

I suppose at this point it doesn't matter that much, since we won't be here that long. But I suppose it will sound funny to a real estate agent in Buenos Aires...what are you looking for? Oh, 2 rooms, ant-free...

By the way, what spurred this: I ate some yogurt for breakfast this morning. I did not immediately throw away my container. I left it on my desk. I went to take a short nap, which turned out to be 3 hours. I came back to the desk to find my yogurt container with ants inside it. Arrgh!

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I don't mind ants, or at least I didn't...until having an ant problem. I can't have semi-open food in my pantry. It has to be in a plastic container or Zip-Loc bag. I even had my coffee creamer infiltrated by ants. They prowl my bathtubs. I have to rinse out the bathtub prior to giving Enzo a bath or else his bathwater would have several ant bodies floating in it. Not what I envision to clean my son in.

And as far as housekeeping...I'm not the tidiest person, but I do my best to keep the house clean. I can stand a little clutter and I think you have to with a toddler around. But I don't leave food lying around or anything like that. We vacuum at least once a week. The bathrooms are cleaned weekly. The dishes are cleaned almost daily.

It's frustrating.

2/10/2005 05:14:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home