viernes, diciembre 31, 2004

We made it!

It's 2005. I have no exciting fireworks photos or party photos.

My New Year's Eve was ever so exciting: I fell asleep on the floor in Enzo's room, Julian woke me around 11:50, I wandered out half-asleep and managed to open the champers without putting anyone's eye out, blowing a hole in the ceiling, or spilling a drop.

We each had a glass and settled in on the couch to watch the appendices on the extended version of Return of the King. Now he's returned to his station at the computer and I to mine. I've been on a bit of a drinking thing today...2 glasses of wine and I'm on my 3rd glass of champagne. Back in the old days, that would have been nothing. I could literally drink my guy friends under the table. Nobody messed with Carrie. Since I've become a responsible adult (ha!), my drinking has tapered off to the point that it's practically non-existent.

I have another resolution to add to my previous list:
Don't save champers for special occasions. It's fun to drink, and the buzz you get is better than beer or hard liquor. It's gotta be the bubbles.

I'm sitting here listening to Aaron Copland -- Rodeo. This is something that I would definitely recommend if you haven't heard it. I love Copland. His music has a touch of Americana without feeling kitschy. My favourite movement from this work is #3 - Saturday Night Waltz. If you've watched much TV in the US in the last few years, you'll recognise #4 - Hoe-Down. Beef. It's what's for dinner.

I hope everyone survived their New Year celebrations intact. Here's to a great 2005!