sábado, enero 29, 2005

It's my birthday!

Tengo 28 años. I'm 28 years old today.

I took the day off from work, not because I have anything special planned, but just because. I need to do laundry and go to the grocery store. We're going to my mom's house for dinner tonight. She's cooking my requests for dinner: salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and corn. I know, it's kinda weird, but give me a break: I'm pregnant.

I still haven't told my side of the family the whole story about the move and the pregnancy. I'm not enthusiastic in the least about telling them, because I already know that the response is going to be the polar opposite from Julian's family. Is it too much to ask that your family give you at least a moment of celebration when you make what should be an exciting announcement?

I have been so tired lately. Last night I fell asleep around 7:30 and woke up this morning at about 6:45. I didn't mean to sleep that long, but I felt like I needed it. I didn't even have dinner last night, but I was really stuffed from lunch. We had a potluck at work and I ate too much.

My financial woes are resolving themselves it seems. The Chinese restaurant that showed up unannounced at work a couple of weeks ago about the NSF check sent the check to the prosecuting attorney. The notice I received was dated 20 Jan and I was given 10 days to pay before a warrant would be issued. Nice. I paid that yesterday, but it just makes me sick to know that a $20 check cost me $64, plus the bank fee when it was returned. I was able to make payment arrangements on the lawsuit thing, $100/month starting on 1 Feb. I'll get myself out of this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Another happy birthday from Seattle! :)

Hope you have a wonderful birthday dinner with your family. I am glad to hear your financial woes seem to be working themselves out...sounded very stressful.

Good luck on telling your family about the baby and the move...when do you expect to break the news?

1/29/2005 12:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I'm trying to get some rest, but do you have any idea how hard that is with a little demon, I mean my son, running around?

I think I've almost got the financial nightmare behind me. I'm trying not to think of moving to BA as "running away," but you do have a good point, Robert. ;)

1/29/2005 01:06:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home