domingo, enero 23, 2005

Johnny Carson is dead at age 79

From what I've gathered, he died sometime this morning. I'm not sure of the exact time or place, or even cause. There will be no memorial service.

This was a bit of a shock for me. I grew up with Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon. I knew I had hit the big time when I was able to stay up late enough to watch the Tonight Show. I loved hearing Ed say, "Heeeeeere's Johnny!" and Johnny emerging from behind the multi-coloured curtain to give his monologue. I'm sure I didn't fully appreciate a lot of what was said at the time, but I was so excited just to be awake.

Thank you, Johnny for giving me a reason to want to stay up late at night. You'll be missed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

I receive the CNN breaking news emails, and in that email it said he died of emphysema. Sad.:(

1/23/2005 01:02:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home