viernes, enero 21, 2005

So tired

I'm finally starting to feel pregnant. I'm exhausted...constantly. I went to bed at about 8:30 last night, and I took a nap this evening. I'm also experiencing a little bit of "morning sickness," although that's really not the proper term, since it strikes at any time of the day.

I had to tell my supervisor at work about my pregnancy earlier than I had intended to because of all my trips to the bathroom. In a normal workplace it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but since our bathroom trips are being monitored both for frequency and duration, I decided to nip any speculation in the bud and just come clean.

My birthday is a week from tomorrow. I'll be 28. I'm not as excited about my birthday as I was when I was younger. I feel like there's really no big milestones left. When I was younger, it was all about turning 14 so I could get my driving permit, 16 to get my licence, 18 to be "legal" and vote, 21 to legally drink, 25 so my insurance rates would drop...what is there from here? 30, 40, 50...? Not much exciting about that to me, other than staying alive for another year or 10.

This is my first full week on my new schedule, so I have to work tomorrow. I was excited this morning when I realised it was Friday, but the excitement soon waned when that realisation was superceded by another...I have to work tomorrow. I'm trying to get it into my head that I can't stay up late any more on Fridays, not that I'll have any trouble getting to sleep, I'm sure. It's just a whole mind-set shift. Going from "Woo-hoo! It's Friday, the start of the weekend!" to "It's Friday and I have to work tomorrrow."

2 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Yeow, forgot about call center monitoring. I guess you have to tell them about everything now. When I worked at a call center in the old days, lol (1984) we did not have monitoring. We just hit aux time on the phone and left for the head. When I left we had just gotten it and people were being asked why the potty trip took 7 minutes. Jeez.

Hope they understand and don't just give you a bucket at your desk.

1/24/2005 08:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Robert: I see your point, Hallmarkesque as it was. :) And it's not that I'm not excited about life, new experiences, etc. It's the actual birthdays themselves. It's hard to get excited when your own mother had forgotten that your birthday is coming. I called her last Saturday, because she usually has the birthday person over for a special dinner at her house. I was on my way to the grocery store and I just wanted to check to see if I needed to buy food for me to cook on Saturday or if we were going to her house. Her reply? "Oh, that's right! Your birthday is next week, isn't it?" Arrgh.

JamDaddy: Call centre life has changed a lot since you were a part of it. I'm allowed 20 minutes per day for "bathroom" breaks, maximum length of 10 minutes per trip. Anything above that raises suspicion. So I would have been in trouble had I not explained what was up. Between all the actual "potty" breaks and the "morning/anytime-of-the-day sickness" my 20 minutes is gone before lunch.

1/25/2005 03:55:00 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home