sábado, enero 15, 2005

Hot Springs

If you listened to my previous post, then you know that I went to Hot Springs today. Hot Springs is about 55 miles to the southwest of Little Rock, a very easy day trip.

I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to see and photograph, but since I had Enzo with me, things didn't turn out exactly as I had planned. I got pictures of quite a bit, but I'll have to make another trip to get the rest, maybe on a Tuesday off when Enzo's at daycare.

So, with no further adieu, the photos...


Photo of Hot Springs (and beyond) taken from the summit of West Mountain.


The Park Hotel on Fountain Street.
Formerly a luxury hotel, its current owners are in the process of restoring it. The metal doors and windows are original. I'm not sure exactly when it was built, I'm guessing the 1910s, since that seems to be the general era when the neighbouring buildings were constructed.


Mule Trolley Mural
On the side of a building on Central Avenue, across the street from the bathhouses.
I took this photo primarily at the request of Enzo, who liked the "horsies."