sábado, noviembre 20, 2004

My hair -- I need a change!

Okay guys, you might want to browse past this one. This is going to be a pretty shallow, girlie post.

I'm tired of my hair. Both the cut and the colour. For the last 10 years, I've had pretty much the same hairstyle: shoulder-length or shorter, straight, and parted on the left side. For a variation, I occasionally part it in the middle. I've tried other styles, but I invariably revert back to the old standby.

I like something that's pretty easy to care for, basically a wash and go style. I don't have the time or the inclination right now to spend hours in the morning getting my hair "just so." I cut my hair shorter earlier in the year (around March) and coloured it light blonde at that time as well. I decided to let it grow out. A few months ago, I coloured it a very dark brown and have kept it that way since then. About 2 weeks ago, I went to a slightly lighter shade of brown. I think I'd like to go shorter again, and maybe blonde again, or possibly keep the brown, but get some highlights.

I'm not afraid to experiment with my hair colour. I figure that if I don't like something, I can always colour it back. From high school until now, I've been medium blonde (my natural colour), white-platinum blonde, blue, red, auburn-ish, brown, and black. With my current job, I need to keep something in the natural hair colour spectrum. I somehow think that my boss would not be pleased if I went to work on Monday with blue hair.

Any suggestions?