viernes, noviembre 19, 2004

That was...interesting

A little earlier this evening, I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when I heard a loud banging on our front door. It was a little unnerving. It wasn't just a loud knock, but the sound that comes just before your door is broken off the hinges. My husband was wearing headphones and playing Halflife 2. He even heard it. I put down what I was doing and went to open the door, unsure of who or what would greet me on the other side.

As I opened the door, I saw an older lady standing there, closing our screen storm door. At the same time, a man who was with her began knocking on our windows. She looked at me, said to the guy, "We've got the wrong apartment." The guy apologized. He had a rather strong accent. He then went back to talking on his cell phone -- in Spanish. The lady said that they were looking for someone who had just moved in. Someone must be giving out the wrong apartment number or wrong building number. Hopefully we don't have any more of their visitors.