jueves, noviembre 18, 2004

Clinton Library Dedication Day

Today's the big day! I stayed home today to try to avoid some of the traffic issues. I still took my husband to work and my son to daycare. That is normally about a 30 minute trip. Today it took me over an hour, partially because I had to detour around my normal route, which was closed.



It's a dreary, rainy morning, but from what I've seen on TV, the crowds don't appear to be dampered by the weather. People have been waiting for hours in the rain to get past security and onto the grounds. They're running shuttles in from remote parking locations.

Air Force One just landed here at the airport and the President and First Lady are exiting the plane as I type.

More to come...

President Bush is now at the library site. There were some images on TV of him with President and Senator Clinton, Chelsea, and Laura inside the library.

Some confirmed celebrity sightings: Al Franken, Barbra Streisand, Geraldo Rivera, Robin Williams. John Kerry and his wife are here. I also saw Wesley Clark, Al Gore, and Tipper Gore.

I'll keep you posted.