lunes, noviembre 15, 2004

The media focus will be on my town this week

with the opening of the Clinton Presidential Library on Thursday. I've been hearing reports of celebrities and politicians that are scheduled to be here. Both Presidents Bush are going to be in Little Rock, Meg Ryan, Barbra Streisand, and Bono (!) as well from what I hear. Too bad I won't see anyone. I am taking Thursday off because of the library opening, but not because I'm going. A lot of the streets are going to be closed that day and that would significantly interrupt my morning commute, so since I have some vacation time to burn, I might as well take the day off.

I pass the library site every day as I go to pick up my husband from work and there are massive temporary bleachers set up on the grounds. There are also already fences up around the interstate onramps. I can't remember a time here that things have been this nuts. I'll see if I can get any photos this week worth sharing.