domingo, noviembre 14, 2004

Why do my days off go by so much faster than the days I work?

It seems like I always have so much to do on the weekends, and I never get half of it done. I just looked at the clock and my day's pretty much gone. I've been doing laundry today to get ready for the upcoming week. I also have the dishwasher running at the moment. I need to go clean the bathrooms and vacuum.

Sunday night always seems to turn into the race to Monday morning for some reason. It's like I'm struggling to get everything finished and ready to go for the next day. I don't encounter that so much during the week, but then again, during the week I'm not taking care of all the cleaning tasks and such.

It just seems funny that I sit at work watching the clock and it seems like 4:00 will never come and I'm at home and I look at the clock and it's already 5:00 and I don't feel like that much time has passed. I know it's just perception and that time seems to pass faster if you're either: a) doing something that you enjoy or b) busy.

I'm glad the holidays are coming. I have a full work week this week, then next week is Thanksgiving. I have another day and a half of vacation time that I need to schedule sometime, and in addition I am taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off. That will be nice to spend some time at home unwinding from the holidays.