viernes, noviembre 12, 2004

my life

I feel so unfulfilled. When I graduated from high school 10 years ago, I was full of dreams and promise for a great life. Nothing has turned out as I had planned. I suppose that having everything work out perfectly was too much to hope for.

I had not planned to marry or have children. I wanted to go to medical school and become a MD.

Instead, I am married and have a 2 year old son. I am nearing 30 and still do not even have an undergraduate degree.

Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and son and the life we have together. I'm just going through...I don't know, a quarter-life crisis. I'm not old enough for a mid-life crisis.

It's time to re-evaluate my short and long term goals and modify my strategies to meet those goals. I want to get back to school and finish my degree. I want to move out of Arkansas. I'd like to find a job -- no, a career -- doing something that I enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

You know, life just doesn't seem to ever turn out as we plan it, does it? I have the same dilemma, though mine was almost the opposite. I expected to marry and have lots of kids and be a stay at home mom. LOl Instead, I have been in university for 10 years, have a house and a job, but no husband or kids...So, while it may not seem like it at first glance, I completely understand how you feel. I have made the decision to do something about it. I can't do anything about not having a husband, but I can have kids...
Follow your dreams, go back to school and get the career. You can do it! :)

11/13/2004 07:17:00 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home