lunes, noviembre 01, 2004

I chose the best day off...

I have some vacation days at work left that I need to take before the end of the year, so I took one of them today, thinking that it would be a good thing after Halloween in case we were out late.

Today has been a really horrible day, weather-wise. It's been raining pretty much all day, and I keep seeing Tornado Warnings and Flash Flood Warnings on the TV. My county hasn't been in a warning yet, but we are in a tornado watch area until 16:00 today. Looking at the radar, there's a big orangey-red spot over central Arkansas. Ugh.

Halloween went well for us. We only went to two houses, my mother and my sister. I had intended to go to more than that, but of course we had to stop in and visit at each place.

At my mom's house, Enzo actually said 'trick or treat' at the door. Just like we had practiced. :) We went in and Enzo got some candy for his bag. We visited for a while, and as we were leaving, Enzo started stuffing his bag with non-candy items. We ended up with a stuffed dog and an 'Arkansas Watchable Wildlife Guide'. My mom said it was fine for him to take them.

Then we went to my sister's house. My sister is 13 years older than me. She has 2 high school age daughters. The oldest is a senior this year, and the younger is a freshman(I think). Enzo had a blast there. They have a jack russell terrier who lives in the house named Maverick. Before the night was over, the two of them had chased each other all over the house. My sister also has some larger dogs who live outside, and one of them just had puppies, so I got to hold a 2-day-old puppy. His eyes weren't even open yet. How sweet. Or at least it was until he pooped on me. Oh well.

The warnings seem to be getting closer to us now, there was just one issued for the southern part of my county. I better go.