sábado, octubre 30, 2004

Ewww...

I was supposed to run 8 miles today. I didn't. For the last day, my right hamstring has been giving me fits. It's just achy. It feels tight, and it's making the knee sore too. It's like that no matter what I do, so I figured that if it's yucky now, the worst thing is to go out and do my long run for the week on it and make it worse. If it's better tomorrow (which I certainly hope), I'll make up the run tomorrow. If it's not better tomorrow, then I don't know what I'll do to make up the mileage. Maybe Monday.

I'm glad tonight is the end of Daylight Savings Time. We get an extra hour of sleep! Woo-hoo!!

I'm trying to quit smoking. I never should have started to begin with, but I did. I quit when I got pregnant with Enzo. It wasn't that hard then, really, since smoking made me physically ill. I quit before I officially knew I was pregnant. I just started again in April of this year. Now that I'm running again, I'm finding that the smoking Carrie just isn't as good as the non-smoking Carrie. I do pretty well at work about not smoking. My problem is all the time when I'm not at work. I find that the biggest times when I want cigarettes are in the car and in front of the computer. I'm trying to be good, but it's hard. My husband smokes as well, and he's not joining me in quitting. That doesn't help things when there's someone nearby smoking. It also makes it impossible for me to say, "I'm just not going to buy any more cigarettes."

I have an interview for a new job next Wednesday. It's with the same company, but a trainer position. There could be some travel involved if I get the job, but there would also be an $8K/year raise. That would definitely help out around the house, especially since we are loosely planning a trip to Buenos Aires next year to visit my husband's family. Wish me luck!