jueves, mayo 20, 2004

string cheese

well, I'm pretty much back on the diet thing. I'm using this website to track my food and activities. It's really nice, especially since it is free! It's called FitDay. It has preloaded foods in the db, but also gives you the opportunity to add your own custom foods to the db by copying the info from the nutrition label. But enough of that. I am not a paid endorser.
I've lost another pound this last week, which puts me back at the weight where I was when I went to the doctor for my first prenatal visit on 5 September 2001. Talk about yo-yo since then. I only gained about 10 pounds during my pregnancy, 7.5 of which were baby. I actually weighed less when I left the hospital than I did at that first visit. That was a nice thing. I lost the belly (mostly) and was able to get back into some pre- and early pregnancy clothes by the time I went back to work 2 months after the birth. Then, the weight began creeping back on. I saw myself in some photos at Christmas 2003 and I looked so ugly. I decided I had to do something. So, I'm down about 35 pounds from my high in December, about 30 since I officially started my diet on 5 January. I'm feeling better about myself, but I still have a long way to go. My goal is to get down to high-school size or smaller. That means at least another 50 lbs to go, roughly...but I can do it. I'm going to start exercising again. And I have swimsuit season closing in on me. I want to buy a new suit and actually go swimming this year. By the end of the year, I'll have an 'after' picture to post. Hopefully sooner.