miércoles, mayo 19, 2004

been a busy morning

I don't know how it happens, but my days off are always twice as busy as the days I'm working. I took my husband to work and then went out to my mother's house to pick up some old records. I don't mean LPs either.

My father was a steel guitar player and builder. He had 2 different companies that he founded that built guitars. My latest project is to catalogue the guitars he built by serial number, date sold, and the person/company it was sold to. So thanks to my mother, whose record-keeping is impeccable, I have records from 1964-1985. I'm ready to get the show on the road, so to speak. I'm planning to make a searchable database of the guitars, along with current owner information if at all possible. It will be interesting to see how many of these guitars are still being played, and if it is still the original owner who's doing the playing. I'm also planning on adding a page to my website as my little "tribute" to my father. I'm feeling a little sentimental/melancholy right now. A week from today will mark the 19th anniversary of his death.

And from death, we have rebirth...speaking of birth, I'm assuming that our friend in the Seattle area is now a father. I'm not sure. His wife was due on Friday, 14 May. He had told me that he thought she would have the baby either on Sunday or Monday. The last time I've spoken to him was Sunday night, I haven't seen him online at all since, and he's the guy that's always online. So, using my fabulous powers of deduction, he's either at the hospital with his family or he's been abducted by aliens. Being a parent myself, I hope he's been abducted. But if that's not the case, then we send out a hearty congratulations and a welcome to the dirty diaper and spit-up stain club. :)