martes, mayo 18, 2004

grease -- not the musical

there was a minor catastrophe at the marcone house tonight.

I have a can on the back of my stove, correction -- I had a can, where I put grease, fat, drippings, etc. The nasties you don't want to put down the drain.

Anyhow, in the process of cooking dinner, this can got jarred from its perch on the stove and fell, losing its lid in the process. We had this nasty stuff on the floor between the stove and refrigerator as well as on top of the stove with grease oozing its way toward the hot burner. I don't know how, but we managed not to have a grease fire and managed not to get that nasty stuff in any of the food I was preparing. My husband cleaned all the mess up, including the stuff that ended up under the stove and everything. He refused to let me clean, saying that he was going to use this as future leverage or something. Whatever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

"I don't know how, but we managed not to have a grease fire and managed not to get that nasty stuff in any of the food I was preparing."

If by 'we' you mean 'my husband'....

5/19/2004 08:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

ok, I'll give you your credit -- thanks to my wonderful husband we avoided burning the place down. It's because of his swift response in cleaning the grease that we avoided catastrophe.

5/20/2004 06:10:00 a.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Este blog ha sido eliminado por un administrador de blog.

5/20/2004 11:43:00 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home