miércoles, mayo 26, 2004

radio blues

I am still mad about my radio station changing formats with absolutely no advance notice. I listened to 106.3 locally, which was an alternative station as of Sunday, 23 May. I get in the car on Monday morning and the radio is still tuned to the same station, but there's this strange crap emanating from my speakers. I've been trying to figure out what happened. I went to the site of the company that owns/owned the station, and sure enough, on their site, they show the stations they own, and there it is, 106.3 as a oldies station! How can they do this?! So I'm left with a fantastic void. My other radio choices locally are country, easy listening, oldies, hard rock, or the other "alternative" station, but that seems to play mostly older top 40 stuff. I'm considering going with satellite radio. Most people I know that have it or are interested are those who do a lot of driving, passing in and out of various stations' coverage areas. That is not exactly me, but I do spend between 1-1.5 hours a day in my car, driving to and from work. I refuse to spend that much time listening to crap. I don't have a cd player or mp3 player in the vehicle at the time, but I may have to rethink that if we don't get some aid soon in the radio department. I've been listening to tapes mostly since Monday, but I don't have that many tapes -- most of my music is on either cd or mp3. Something has got to change soon before I go insane in the car.