domingo, mayo 23, 2004

truco and other things

My husband is teaching me to play truco. He's from Argentina and this is a card game that's played there. It's kind of complicated, but it's fun. Mainly it's just the 2 of us that play, but when he's had friends drop in, we've played as a foursome. I beat him tonight. I have a feeling he let me win to help my ego. I may never know the truth.

About my husband...I love him so much, and I think my love for him grows every day. One of my favourite memories of him is after the birth of our son, how proud he was. He was the first person other than the doctor to hold him. He's usually really self-assured, confident, but when he was holding the baby at first, I could tell he was unsure of himself. And that just endeared me to him even more. He's a great dad. He's really good with the kid. I remember one day we were at the mall and had split up, and he had Enzo. I was in a store and he and Enzo were outside sitting on a bench waiting for me. A couple of the ladies in the store commented on what a good job this guy was doing with the little boy, I didn't realize at the time that it was my husband. I looked outside also, and there he was, entertaining Enzo with no thought at all of how silly he looked to anyone else. It was as if it were just the two of them. And I was just beaming.