miércoles, mayo 26, 2004

old journals

I found some old journal entries from December 1998, when my husband and I were apart. Just to give some perspective on this, we met on the net through the guy who was my boyfriend at the time. Yeah, I know...you don't have to tell me how bad that sounds. So, when we met, he was in Buenos Aires, Argentina and I was in Little Rock, Arkansas. We started out just talking as friends, and before long, realized that we had a lot in common and started to fall in love. It was so hard to have found the person that seemed to be the best match for me, my soul mate, so to speak, and to have not "met" him. One thing I can say is that this time when we were separated was a great artistic inspiration for the two of us. We were both writing a lot, and he wrote a poem for me about our relationship that I set to music.
Anyway, back to the journal, here are some selected entries:
All I can think or breathe or feel is him.
Pulsing through my veins, this mad desire.
I envision him peacefully silhouetted against the flickering candlelight.
He moans softly and stirs in his sleep, reaching for me.
The gentle touch as his hand grazes my shoulder...
Wishing I could feel his lips pressed against mine...
I yearn for him with the whole of my existence.
This fire raging within me cannot be extinguished by any entity.


I find music in everything - the wind whispers his name softly as it caresses the barren trees. Gazing out at the swollen moon alone in the dark sky, I hear the siren song calling me.
I feel that I must go,
but a strange sense is holding me back. I have never been this passionate about anything...
Oh, but to feel the caress of his hand on my skin, to see the light in his eyes as he gazes into mine, to have his lips pressed against my waiting, eager mouth...But I am alone with these thoughts as nourishment for my journey.


The best part of this story is that we met, our feelings for one another were confirmed, and we were married. We celebrate our 5th anniversary in 2 months. I still love him so much. He means the world to me and I'd be lost without him.

2 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Ahhh. Nice to hear : ) I met my *soulmate* (I like to call him my penguin...) online also, a year ago. "All I can think or breathe or feel is him." Yep. : )

5/26/2004 01:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

It's nice to know that we're not alone. Also, one of my husband's friend's met his current wife online, but they both lived in the same city. It wasn't the same long-distance start that we had.

5/29/2004 01:59:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home