viernes, mayo 28, 2004

no sleep

Last night was an adventure. I put my son to bed around 9. He woke up several times. I tried rocking him, giving him warm milk, reading to him, etc., but all to no avail. He just kept waking up and screaming. I guess he was lonely or something. He ended up in bed with me and my husband. He still tossed and turned there. I don't know the exact time he actually went to sleep. The last time I looked at the clock it was almost 1 am. I seriously thought about staying home today. But I came to work. My husband stayed home today, though. He's had a toothache for the last week, and the combination of that and a mostly-sleepless night was too much for him. Lucky guy, he's getting a 4 day weekend. I wish I was. I have to work on Saturday, and I volunteered to work on Memorial Day, since it's time-and-a-half for the whole day. I also get an extra day off to take later in the year. I guess I can't complain too much, since I volunteered for this. The extra time off and the extra pay will certainly be nice.