jueves, mayo 27, 2004

hangin' @ home

I think my lifestyle has caught up with me. I got home from work today and laid down. I fell asleep and slept for about 2 hours, didn't wake up until about 7:30. We had frozen pizza for dinner. I still feel groggy now. I guess all those weeks of 3-4 hours sleep took their toll.

I wrote an email to my in-laws tonight. They only speak Spanish. My Spanish is limited at the moment. I write in English and my husband helps me translate it. I feel so bad for them about our situation. My husband is their only child and moved to another country, got married and had a child - their only grandchild. We haven't been able to go visit since our son was born. It's been a combination of lack of funds and lack of time off. If I'm going to spend that much money to fly to Argentina, I want to spend more than just a week there. So, in lieu of an actual physical visit, I provide them with as much as I can digitally. I send emails, photos, videos, etc. Gotta love living in the digital age.

My husband is writing a book. I'm his proofreader/editor for the moment. It's a sci-fi thing, which is really not my favourite genre. I'm kind of getting bogged down in my latest reading, but overall I think he's doing a great job. He's kind of looking for a literary agent. He's sent some stuff to a couple of people, but no takers yet. A lot of times, it's just a matter of getting your stuff to the right person at the right time. All luck. I'm not getting discouraged. I have confidence that he'll get published. Maybe one day we'll both be authors. I'm just leaning more towards technical writing than fiction.