martes, marzo 22, 2005

A load off my chest

I finally did it. I went to my mom's house and told her. Everything. Moving at the end of the year. Another baby on the way. Showed her the ultrasound.

Her reaction wasn't as bad as I was anticipating. I think that's almost always the case. You build something up for so long that you're just dreading it, and then you find yourself sitting on your mom's sofa talking about her new carpet and it just spills out. I did get the question that I was anticipating: "Can you afford this?" but I got one that I wasn't so prepared for: "Was this planned?" Where did that come from? Does it really matter?

Oh well, the thing I've been dreading for months is done and out in the open. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It remains to be seen if I get family meeting #2 called on me. Even if they try that again, I'm not going. I'm an adult and completely capable of making my own decisions. I have a husband and a son (and baby 2 on the way) and I don't need my parents and sister to try to scare me from my path. They were wrong the first time (does my child look non-white?) and they'll be wrong again unless they're planning to support me in any way they can.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

I am glad it went well. Now maybe you can tell my mom;) LOL

3/23/2005 05:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Thanks. But do you really want a stranger to call up your parents and tell them the news? :)

3/23/2005 06:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Katrina said...

LOL OH my God, I swear you DID call my mom;) LOL. (my mom just called and asked my about my TTC! LOL)

3/23/2005 07:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Ha! Are you ever an adult in your Moms eyes? Glad all went well.

4/01/2005 03:56:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home