sábado, marzo 19, 2005

Ugh...ants

I'm still having the ant issue here, and I have been since I moved in back in November 2001. Is 3.5 years a long time to suffer with ant problems? Especially since our apartment management says it is not their problem, that I must have brought the ants with me when I moved in. It's funny that I brought them with me, considering I didn't have an ant problem at the apartment I moved from. Here, it seems like they're everywhere.

I have found ants on my end tables in the living room, on my computer desk, on the dining room table, on the counters in the kitchen, on the stove, in the kitchen sink, in the dishwasher, in the pantry, in both bathrooms, and even a couple in my bed. There's no way I could have brought all that with me. No freaking way.

I have developed a hatred for ants during the last few years. I see them and kill them either by a discreet finger smush or by drowning them. Enzo knows what ants are but doesn't know other insect names.

Poor kid...he eats Pop Tarts for breakfast and can only eat one of the two in the package at a time. We put the other back in the pantry for later. He asked for a Pop Tart and I handed it to him without inspecting it. He brought it back to me saying there were ants on it.

My one request for an apartment in Buenos Aires: I don't want to share my dwelling with any small neighbours. No ants allowed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Yuck..I am sorry the ants have taken such a liking to you.

Ants are pesky, but I suspect you are going to encounter bigger insects once you move.

3/20/2005 04:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Mosquitos I can deal with, since we have those around here. Cockroaches...I don't like but can handle. That's what we had in the last apartment. Fun.

But ants...they're so little and they're everywhere. I feel like I'm being invaded.

3/20/2005 04:17:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home