viernes, marzo 18, 2005

Awkward

That's me right now. My belly is expanding at an alarming rate. Well, alarming to me, anyway.

I'm at the odd stage of pregnancy. Pregnant enough to be bigger, but not big enough to be obviously pregnant. I look like I'm going home and hooking up to the IV of Haagen-Dazs. I'm at the "not-big-enough-for-maternity-clothes-but-too-big-for-regular-clothes" stage. And this sucks. So...I dug out some of my maternity clothes from last time -- just the shirts for now -- and have been pairing them with my regular pants, worn super-low on my hips...below the hip bones. If my shirt weren't huge and billowing it would be bordering on indecent. But it's the only way to be comfortable.

I'm not so excited about going through the worst of the summer while at my largest. Thank goodness our apartment is air-conditioned and has a pool. Score two for Carrie. Knowing my luck, we'll have one of the hottest summers on record. Note to self: must get cute maternity swimsuit. Does such a thing exist? Maybe I'll just get a bikini and scare the hell out of my neighbours. Heh.

And for the record, I still think it's hilarious that I may have a chance to give birth on Labour Day.