miércoles, marzo 09, 2005

I can't gain any weight

That would not have been something uttered by me a few months ago, in fact, quite the opposite. But I have been pregnant for 13 weeks now and I have not gained more than 2 pounds (about 1 kg for anyone handy with metric measurement). I really haven't been too nauseated, but yet I seem to not be gaining weight.



My abdomen is getting larger, since I have noticed that my pants no longer fit the same. But no weight gained. I guess that's not an entirely bad thing, since I was overweight to begin with and most of the weight gain needs to happen from here out.

At least I haven't lost any weight. And the thing I'm thinking about is that I weigh less now than I did at this point in the first pregnancy, since I kind of took the whole "eating for two" concept a little too literally.

One thing that's been in the back of my head for some time are the words of my mother-in-law, who said in an email to me to watch what I eat so as not to gain too much weight so I wouldn't have so much to lose after the baby's here. Here's the Spanish for you: contame como lo estas pasando y aguanta las ganas de comer asi te alimentas con lo necesario e imprescindible y tenes pocos kilos para perder. So I'm freaking out about not gaining weight. And I'm not gaining weight anyway. I wasn't before she emailed me and I'm still not. But it's this little nagging voice in my mind.

My family still doesn't know. I know I should tell them about baby 2 as well as the planned move to Argentina, but I just can't seem to do it. I don't really want to do it on the phone or by email, but I don't want to do it in person either. Damn, I'm stuck.

I haven't seen my parents since my birthday back in January and it's partly because I don't want my mom to see my enlarging abdomen.

What to do, what to do?

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I know, I know. But the thought of getting more drive-bys from my family in the time before we actually leave is disheartening.

I can hear them now:

"Are you going to be able to afford 2?"
"Isn't the economy there really bad? How will you survive?"

And I am almost sure they'll decide to call a family meeting or some shit like they did when I decided to get married and I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being treated like a second-class citizen by my own family. Nothing I've done has been good enough for my mom, she just compares me to my sister.

"Your sister did this..."
"She married someone local. Why can't you do that too?"
"She worked for one company for 20 years. Why do you keep changing jobs?"

Geez.

And you wonder why I don't want to tell them. I can already tell you what the reaction will be. Not pleasant.

3/09/2005 01:05:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home