domingo, noviembre 21, 2004

Mi marido

I don't understand my husband at times.

At home there are moments when it seems as if my son and I are an inconvenience to him. On the other hand, he posts items in the forums on Ars Technica about how much he appreciates me and referring to the birth of our son as being handed the universe in a blanket.

He comes home from work and goes straight to the computer. He sits in that seat for the majority of the evening, arising for bathroom breaks, getting more Mountain Dew, eating dinner, and if I request something. In the meantime, I'm trying to get in my computer time as well, taking care of the majority of my son's needs, as well as doing my normal duties around the house (cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.).

I think what this all stems from is the fact that he seems more willing to spend hours working on something for Ars than he does to spend time doing things with his family. Some examples: one evening, he spent the whole night in preparation for a post about music, compressing mp3s into little snippets to illustrate the points he was making in his post, uploading them, and so on; he does game reviews for Ars as well, generally one a month, which involves buying the game, playing the game, and then preparing a review, including screenshots. This weekend was Half-Life 2 for him. I was off on Thursday, and so I went that day to purchase the game for him. That's basically all he's done this weekend.

It's just frustrating. I have more that I could say, but I'd rather not air all the dirty laundry. Sorry for the bit of a rant, I just needed to get that off my chest.

4 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Every once in a while it is good to sit down a prioritize. It is easy for each of you to get caught up in the things each of you do apart. Make sure you both find time to do things together. It is a concious effort to make it work, but worth it.

11/22/2004 01:33:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

I know it's worth it. I don't know if he realizes the amount of time he spends at the computer. I plan to talk with him this evening about this.

One plus -- we all eat dinner together at the table. Good old fashioned dinner time. That's one thing my parents instilled in me. You're never too busy to have dinner as a family.

11/22/2004 01:47:00 p.m.  
Blogger Katrina said...

Family dinner time is great!

How did the talk go?

Being single, I really don't have experience with this, though I can imagine how lonely you must feel at these times...*hugs*

11/22/2004 09:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Thanks for the support. We did talk a little about it, and he also read this post, so he has a better understanding of how I feel. Hopefully his behaviour changes.

11/23/2004 09:38:00 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home