jueves, noviembre 04, 2004

I'm back

Well, this has been an interesting week. I took Monday off from work and it was a yucky day...rainy all day long. Enzo stayed home with me and we just had a mom and me day for the most part. We did leave the house once that day, to go to the courthouse so I could drop off my absentee ballot which I forgot to mail and to pay the electric bill. The courthouse was packed with early voters. It was a madhouse! I had to park about 6 blocks away and walk in the rain with Enzo under our little umbrella. We were both wet when we arrived. Enzo was wet up to his thighs, partially because he insisted on jumping in every puddle he saw, and there were a lot. It took about 45 minutes to make my way through security, then navigate the maze of people to get to the county clerk's office, only to find myself in queue to drop off the ballot and sign the form. From there, back in the rain we went, to retrace the 6 blocks back to the car. One thing that was nice -- apparently the parking meter I was at was broken, and was stuck at full. I noticed when I exited the car that there were 2 hours on it so I didn't have to deposit any money, but it was still at the same point when we got back. Oh well.

Monday evening I started feeling poor. By Tuesday morning, I was feeling like poo. My nose is stuffy and I've developed a loud booming cough. I've been to work every day this week other than Monday, but have been akin to a zombie. I've been taking all kinds of cold medicine and cough syrup. I have some prescription cough medicine that has codeine in it and that's been making me feel really good.

I haven't even turned on the computer at home for the last 2 days. I think I started experiencing withdrawal. :)

Tuesday evening, I sat in my comfy chair in the living room and watched the election results on TV with Enzo snuggled in my lap. After Enzo went to bed, I moved to the couch, where I fell asleep. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and moved to bed, not knowing at that point the outcome of the presidential race, or even if there was a definite outcome yet.

Yesterday, I was supposed to attend a parenting class. I had registered for this months ago and was excited about attending. It was to be held from 6-9 pm and was titled "Effective Parenting in the Toddler and Preschool Years." Anyway, I got home from work, was really feeling badly, and decided to take a nap before I went. Bad idea. I didn't wake up from my short nap until nearly 8 pm! Needless to say, I didn't make it to my class. I'm really disappointed about that.

I also had a phone interview yesterday for a different position within my company. It's for a position I've wanted for a while. I think the interview went pretty well. I know the recruiter who interviewed me, and we have a pretty good rapport. From here, she's forwarding her notes from the interview on to the hiring manager. He'll select the people he wants to call in for a second interview, and then from there will select some people to do a short presentation. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'm sorry this has been so long, but there was a lot to catch up after being MIA for a couple of days. I am starting to feel better now, but I think I've passed whatever this is to my husband, because he's now starting to get sick.

7 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

I thought you wanted to move to Virginia to work??? I never did get your resume, oh well, you probably would have been running and working out in the employee gym all day.

Seems everyone is getting something. Wifey has been home this week sick and I am hanging on to some kind of bug. Hope you all get better.

11/04/2004 08:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Have you already filled that position? What was it anyway? I never got the details on it or anything.

Besides, you'd probably laugh at my resume anyway. :)

11/04/2004 08:41:00 p.m.  
Blogger Katrina said...

I am happy to hear you are feeling better! Good luck with the potential new job! How exciting!

11/05/2004 05:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

Thank you. Being ill is not fun, especially not when you're the mom. I'm still like a walking mucus factory. Nice image, eh? But I'm feeling better.

I really hope I get this position. It's something I've wanted to do for a couple of years, plus it would give me a $8K/year raise. Great on both counts in my book -- doing something I would enjoy and being well-compensated for doing it!

11/05/2004 08:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Actually down to 9 candidates. The job involves vendor management, PO's, equipment ordering, program management support, and contracting for Government telecom work. Loads of fun! The best part is some lucky person gets to work for me!

11/05/2004 11:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Katrina said...

So when do you expect to hear about the job?

11/06/2004 01:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

From what the recruiter told me during my interview on Wednesday, she had one last interview to conduct on Friday (yesterday) and then would pass her info on to the hiring manager. From there, there's a second interview and a presentation. She said that he hoped to finsh everything in 2-3 weeks. Anyway, I'd imagine that if I haven't been called back about a second interview by the end of next week that I'm out of the running.

11/06/2004 02:59:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home