viernes, noviembre 26, 2004

Back at work

I wish I got more than one day off for Thanksgiving. I suppose I could have taken today off as a vacation day, but I never think about it until it's too late. So here I am at work.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I woke up later than I had planned to, so I spent the morning cooking furiously. I woke up a little after 9. I was expected at my sister's house by noon to eat. She lives about 20 minutes away from me. So, I had under 3 hours to get everything ready. By some miracle, I made it. The first thing I did was start a pot with my sweet potatoes in it. Then I started my green beans. I realised around this time that the dishes I was planning to use for both casseroles were not only dirty, but that they had food in them. So I relocated the food to other containers and hand-washed both casserole dishes. I put the ingredients for the green bean casserole into one of the dishes, waiting for the green beans. The sweet potatoes were still cooking at this point. I put the green bean casserole in the oven. At this point, I got the kid bathed. Sweet potatoes are still cooking. Green bean casserole done and out of oven. Got the sweet potatoes done. I didn't have time to wait for them to cool before I started peeling them. That was interesting. I got them peeled and mashed, and into my blender with the other ingredients for the casserole. I got that dish into the oven and then went to take a shower. By this time, it was about 11:15.

So we got there and ate. We had turkey and gravy, dressing, cheese broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, and desserts.

After lunch, we just hung out over there. They have a dog outside that recently had puppies, so we went to the barn to see the puppies. We also played cards and Yahtzee.

I got back home a little before 7 pm and spent a little time browsing the web before our internet connection died. Blah.