martes, noviembre 23, 2004

A thought before retiring for the night

I love my husband so much...regardless of what he does. I guess this is the real deal. I knew it almost from the first time that we talked that he was the one for me. I know it's kind of a cliche, about finding a soul mate or whatever, but I really feel that he completes me. It's been hard to explain to my family, because all that they see is the fact that he's from another country.

In all of my past relationships, I reached a burnout stage, when I knew it was over whether I wanted to admit it or not. I haven't reached that point with Julian and I don't expect to. I honestly can't imagine my life without him. It would be so empty.

In his own uniquely Argentine way, he makes me feel special, wanted, loved. For one thing, he left his home, his family, his country, for me. Wow. Of course I was willing to make the trip south to be with him if he couldn't come here. I've never experienced anything like this before.