martes, octubre 19, 2004

Recent Events/Week in Review

On Friday, I refilled the prescription for Enzo's anti-fungal/ringworm medicine. His head doesn't seem to be getting that much better, but we still have 2 more weeks of medication to go. I'm afraid I'm getting the ringworm on my head too. I noticed a flaky patch in the front. Side note: my husband doesn't call it ringworm, it's ringwraith, as in "Don't touch Enzo's head. He's got the ringwraith there."

Saturday, my supervisor had to work, so I took him a cake, balloons, and gifts that our team chipped in to buy. Enzo accompanied me and merriment ensued. :) Saturday afternoon, after the sugar loading from the cake, we went to the grocery store for the weekly shopping trip. I go to the Wal-Mart Supercenter, so I get all my crap in one trip. That evening, we had a couple of friends over for dinner. I prepared homemade chicken enchiladas, refried beans and rice. If you've never made your own refried beans before, I highly recommend testing them out before you have company. Mine ended up roughly the consistency of mortar and probably tasted about the same. The enchiladas and rice were yummy, though.

I spent Sunday at home, doing laundry and housework. Not a very fun day.

Yesterday, the weather was really yucky. I awoke to thunder and lightning as well as pouring rain. There were some tornadoes near where we live. The tornado sirens were going off. There was an F-1 and F-2 that touched down in the area. The weather in Arkansas is so strange. There's a saying about the weather here, that if you don't like it, just wait and it will change. That is so true. Saturday, the highs were in the upper 50s/lower 60s and it was sunny, it was similar on Sunday, then yesterday the high was about 86F.

And that brings me to today. I am home from work today. I don't know if it's all the weather changes or what, but I'm not feeling well. My sinuses are going nuts and I'm feeling generally fatigued.