viernes, octubre 15, 2004

I'm not sure if I want to do this

MUD RUN - Little Rock, Arkanas

This is a 5K here that's a week from tomorrow. I still haven't decided whether I want to do it. It's a "fun run" thing, not a serious 5K.

I got a reminder email about it today which included the following:

Wear your grubby clothes and old sneakers, because more than likely they won't be going home with you. There will be showers and changing area for participants.
* Bring a big trash bag
* Leave your jewelry at home
* Drink fluids before, during, and after your race
* Do Not dive head first into the mud pit
* This is a fun run so help your neighbor if he or she needs help
* There will be medical staff along the course and finish line
* We are not responsible for your personal gear
* Do not let your children go in the mud unattended
* Wear a cool costume

Running in costume through a mud pit? I can't see myself doing that. I really despise being dirty. I'm a compulsive hand washer. Getting so mucky that I have to shower BEFORE going home and throwing away everything that I wore during the race is not my idea of a good time. I'm trying to convince myself otherwise. I know that if I do it, I'll probably have a blast. I have an entry form already filled out and ready to go. All I have to do is drop it off with my $20 and I'm in.

Should I do it?

3 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Do It!
Make sure you get pictures before and after.
What a memory this run could be.

10/16/2004 09:25:00 a.m.  
Blogger Katrina said...

I think it sounds like it might be fun as well....

However, I am with you with the handwashing obsession. THe other Spanish teacher laughs at me every year at this time when we make gobs and gobs of icing to decorate Day of the Dead cookies. I wash my hands about every minute or so...can't stand having stuff all over them..ahhaha

10/16/2004 11:25:00 a.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

I'll probably do it.

My mom laughs at me now about my cleanliness thing. I was quite a tomboy growing up and she has pictures of me as a kid playing with our neighbours and I'm absolutely covered in mud. So I guess it would be kind of a reversion to childhood for me.

10/16/2004 02:14:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home