viernes, septiembre 03, 2004

Quotes about Running

When I first started running, I was so embarrassed, I'd walk when cars passed me. I'd pretend I was looking at the flowers. - Joan Benoit Samuelson

I can really identify with this one, I've done this before, only no pretending to look at the flowers.

If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it. - Priscilla Welch

Great advice that can be applied to anything.

In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that. - Fred Lebow

Amen. But it's always nice to be able to say that you won.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

This reminds me of a line written in The Fellowship of the Ring:

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door," he used to say.
"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing
where you might be swept off to."


1 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Around here the journey of a 1000 miles starts at Dulles. I do like all the little quotes.

You were at dinner when the President spoke, OMG, I can not believe you would ignore the Commander in Chief of the USA like that. Were you really afraid you might change your mind and vote the right way? Maybe that was not the food hitting you like a ton of bricks but guilt eating away at you...

Actually, me and my wife are building the Carrie model. It is not as sinister as it sounds. When we are done we are going to use pins and needles to make it do what we want, lol. Real reason, we were just trying to guess at how you looked when you started losing weight, what you look like now, and what you will look like at 125 lbs. We could find some stats, but nowhere could we find your height.

9/03/2004 11:24:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home