miércoles, agosto 25, 2004

I want a new phone

I have a Motorola v60 at the moment, that I've had for almost 2 years.



It's been a good phone, but it's getting to the point that it's not holding a charge well (I'm having to plug it up about every 24 hours even without using it). Also, half the time when I put it on to charge, it tells me that it's unable to charge. I checked into getting a new battery for it, but the cost of a new battery is about $40. I have insurance for my phone, but it's $50 to file a claim for a replacement, and I get whatever the insurance company is issuing. I might as well buy a new phone, so I can pick what I want.

I'm considering a couple of options.

One is a LG LX5550




The LG has a speakerphone, voice commands, all the usual stuff like mobile web and text messaging, and that cool colour external display. It's $60 now with a 2 year contract.

The other is a Motorola v710, that my phone company will have this fall.



The Motorola is cool too. It has Bluetooth, a 1.2 megapixel camera with flash, speakerphone, voice dialing, all the usuals as mentioned above, and a cool external display that's capable of picture caller id. I have no idea what the price will be on this. Verizon has it now for $250 with a 2 year contract, so I'd assume the price for me would be similar.

Part of me is leaning toward the LG, for the instant gratification thing, as well as a possible $200 savings. But I'm kinda partial to Motorolas. That's all I've used for the last 4 years.

On top of all this, my husband says I don't need a new phone and not to worry about it. I would hate to not be able to use my phone when I need it because my battery is dead and I can't charge it.

I'm still weighing the options.

4 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

I'm with hubby. I have to provide 4 phones in our house, so unless it gets lost or something major keep what ya got. New battery? Go to mobilizenow.com they have great stuff and it is cheap and good. I get all my accessories and batteries there. You can even get a beefed up battery (more Mah) for less than through your provider.

Otherwise instant gratification RULES!

8/26/2004 03:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

I'm with hubby. I have to provide 4 phones in our house, so unless it gets lost or something major keep what ya got. New battery? Go to mobilizenow.com they have great stuff and it is cheap and good. I get all my accessories and batteries there. You can even get a beefed up battery (more Mah) for less than through your provider.

Otherwise instant gratification RULES!

8/26/2004 03:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

You would have to take his side...men.

8/26/2004 03:42:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Make sure you recycle your old phone irrespective of what you do. I believe many of the postal/courier companies accept cell phones for recycling.

8/29/2004 11:11:00 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home