domingo, agosto 08, 2004

Getting back on the diet...again

I haven't exactly been following the South Beach Diet this past month or so. The good news is that I've only gained back about 4 pounds out of what I lost. So I'm still at a better point than I was when I began this whole expedition back in January. I just know I need to lose more weight and get back in shape.

I'm not expecting a miracle or anything. I want to lose about 1.5 pounds a week until I reach a total weight loss of 54 pounds. From January until now, my average weight loss has been 0.8 pounds a week. All I need to do is watch what I eat a little more closely and start working out again. I've noticed over the last couple of months that what I once considered reward food, to have sparingly, has crept back into my diet on a more regular basis. This last week has been a great example: last Saturday, I had Mexican food for lunch and then went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, we had pizza for dinner 2 times during the week, and I made breakfast both mornings this weekend -- french toast yesterday and sausage biscuits today.

So, I'm renewed in my fight against fat, and anyone is welcome to tag along for the ride. I'm using FitDay to track my food intake, and I have a public journal where you can log in and see my weight, what foods I've eaten, and what my goals are. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Good Luck on the renewed strength of your diet conviction. It does feel like you have been convicted of something right? BTW, reward food is something like ice cream with fresh strawberries, blueberry pie, Little Debbie's cakes (a whole box). I will run get a bowl of ice cream to save you from it while I wish you the best of luck in attaining your weekly goal!

8/09/2004 12:54:00 a.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home