sábado, agosto 07, 2004

New Zealand

So, earlier today, I was doing some web browsing with no particular focus or destination. I ended up at the New Zealand tourism site. Maybe it's because I've been watching the Appendices on the extended DVD of LoTR: The Two Towers, and seeing all these spectacular locations they shot in. But, anyway, I followed a link about moving to NZ, and in the process discovered that I qualify as a Skilled Migrant for immigration purposes. Mind you, I'm not planning to move there at this time. Besides, there's pricing information regarding the cost to apply and get residence and work authorization. I thought it was expensive when we did all the INS paperwork for my husband. The fees in NZ are $890 US per person. So for my husband and myself to both be legal, we'd have to come up with almost $1800 in fees, not to mention the cost of actually moving.
It is a beautiful country, and I'd love to visit there, given the opportunity. However any plans I may have harbored to move there, even subconsciously, are dead.