sábado, agosto 07, 2004

How does this work?

I've been out of high school for 10 years. My reunion is next month.

Anyway, within the last 2 weeks, I have encountered 2 of my best friends from high school with whom I had lost touch.

One is someone who I met when we started junior high school and were friends until graduation, when we went our separate ways. I ran into her at the eye doctor. She was working in the office there. It was kind of weird to me, I had never been to that doctor before, I had to choose a new doctor that was covered under his vision insurance, and it was her last week working there. She's now working about a block away from me and we're going to have lunch next week.

The other is someone who I met in elementary school, and then the rest is the same story. My mom pointed her out to me in a photo from the local paper. Her family has a farm, and they set up a stand at the farmer's market that is held downtown on Saturdays. There was a picture of her with her mother at their stand. I went to the market last Saturday, hoping that she would be working, and she was. She immediately recognized me, told me that she had been back in town since January, and said to call her. I haven't called her yet, but I would like to get together to catch up. So, I go for 10 years since high school, only really keeping in contact with 2 of my friends from those years, and then in the span of 2 weeks, I meet again 2 people I've been wondering about for all that time.

Serendipity?