miércoles, junio 09, 2004

It's been too long

I just realized it's been 21 hours since I last made an entry to the blog. Wow. Days off really seem to cut into my blogging time. You'd think it'd be the other way around.

Today, I was gone more than I was home. I took my husband to work this morning. He had to be there at 7:30. Got him there and then drove across town to Wal*Mart for some assorted crap. Got there about 8:00. I had already loaded most of my neccessary items into the basket, but was missing one thing. I needed new wiper blades for the car. So off I go to the automotive department. I should mention that I had my son with me and he was riding in the cart. So I'm standing there in front of the wiper display using the fabulous "wiper wizard" thing to figure out which blades I need. As I'm standing there, pushing the buttons, my son gets really quiet and I hear the sound of liquid hitting the floor. He unleashed a massive pee in Wal*Mart, enough that it totally filled his Pull-Up and was coming out the top at the back. I hurriedly threw the wiper blades in the basket and got the hell out of there, leaving a path of destruction. I pay and we go home. He gets a clothing and pull-up change. I read him a story and then we laid down on our futon together and watched some TV. I fell asleep on the futon briefly and Enzo woke me up by jumping on top of me yelling "Maya!Maya!" which is Enzo-speak for "Mommy."

I then went to work on my Spanish folder. My husband is helping me with my Spanish skills, but part of our arrangement is that I have to have a folder and notebook and take notes, kind of like class. No problem. So I've printed out a lot of things and I have a nice little book started.

Around 11:15 we went out to the car. I attempted to install the new wiper blades that I bought this morning but had no luck. The blades are too wide for the passenger side and too narrow for the driver side. Blah. So I put the old blades back on and we headed out to meet Julian. We had lunch with him today at Arby's. The guy at the register was apparently new and didn't exactly get the order right, but we didn't get charged for the missing items, so it was okay. It was just an order of fries that I really didn't need anyway. After lunch, Enzo and I went out to Auto Zone to get some advice on the correct wiper blades. Turns out neither side is standard, which I guessed after my attempted installation. I need a wide blade for the driver side and narrow blade for the passenger side. Blades in hand, we went to visit my mom for a while.

When I got home, I put the new wiper blades on, and lo and behold, it was like buttah! It's amazing what having the right size can do.

I also did some cleaning today around the house. Being an adult really sucks. Now that I have my own house to run, I really appreciate all the things that my mom did when I was a kid.

It's now bath time for the kid, and then bath time for me, and then bed time for the kid.
I love my days off...