lunes, junio 07, 2004

No lack of content here

Julian looked at the page earlier at my request because I wanted him to see that picture of the 3 cats and he said that my posts have gotten shorter and shorter and that it must be because I'm running out of things to say. Au contraire. My posts have gotten shorter because of less time in which to do my writing. I don't think I could run out of things to say. That could be helpful some day. For the moment, though, I'm simply bothering those around me to death with my incessant banter.

Speaking of my husband...I've been asked to send more emails to his parents back in Argentina with family updates and such. They don't speak much English, and I don't speak much Spanish, so that poses a problem. He tells me to just send the email in English and they'll translate it. My take on this is that he should help me translate the email in the first place, since he speaks both English and Spanish. It would be a learning opportunity for me, and make less work for his parents. I wrote an email in English back on 27 May and sent it to Julian so he could translate it for me. I asked him if he sent it to his parents yet and he said no. He told me to just send it in English. So I did and I feel bad about doing it now. I'm sure that in the grand scheme of things, his parents will just be thrilled to get an email from us at all, so I'm going to let it slide -- this time, at least.

Why are guys so...guy-like? Is it something genetic, an essential part of being male?I've been pondering that for some time now and I still don't have an answer. Perhaps I'll never know.

I've been thinking more about our potential move. There's a part of me that is ready to move. I've lived in the same city for most of my life and I'd like a change. But there's also a small part of me that is terrified of leaving behind everything and everyone that I know (except my immediate family, of course). Maybe it's a side effect of growing older because when I was younger (and not that much younger) I was prepared to move to another country to be with my now-husband. He ended up moving here instead, so it really became a non-issue for me. But now it's reared its ugly head again. I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. I really need to get over this and get on with my life.