sábado, junio 05, 2004

Had a fun evening out

I went out for dinner tonight with my husband, son, and one of our friends. We went to a southern cooking restaurant and my friend ordered this thing called Southern Cordon Bleu or something like that. Anyway, the premise of this thing is that it's a huge ham steak with swiss cheese on it topped by a chicken fried chicken(I know that's redundant -- it's what they call a breaded and fried boneless chicken breast), gravy and "special seasoning." This arrangement was as big as a dinner plate. We decided that the name was all wrong and it should be "heart attack on a plate" or something like that. And people wonder why we have an obesity epidemic. Geez. To his credit, he didn't eat it all -- at least not at one sitting. He left with take-out box in hand.

After dinner, we headed on over to Starbucks for some caffeinated goodness. I had a caramel macchiato. Yum! :) My husband rides me about trying to patronize local coffeehouses instead of corporate giant Starbucks, but until there's a local coffeehouse that is as convenient, then I guess I'll be going to Starbucks. Maybe I should open a coffee shop. Maybe I could have a Wi-Fi hotspot. Oh yeah. Hmmm....