viernes, junio 04, 2004

Friday again

Woo-hoo! It's Friday...another payday, too. I'm trying to make some plans for dinner tonight. Other than that, not much exciting around here. Just doing my thing...

So, my plan to get back on my diet last night kinda backfired. We had pizza and beer. I ordered a pizza online. That is too easy. I don't have to talk to anyone until someone shows up at the door with the pie.

One thing that's been on my mind lately with my dieting and all is the people that are trying to sue fast food chains for making them fat. That is absurd to me. It's not as if McDonald's makes them come in to their restaurant or makes them order a Big Mac and supersize fries. I realize that if I go to a fast food restaurant, that a lot of the options on the menu are not the healthiest things I could be eating, but it is my choice made of my own free will to order, pay for, and eat these things. Nobody is standing there at the counter twisting my arm. So, people, please give it up! Acknowledge the fact that you're fat because you made bad food choices and don't try to blame someone else for stuffing your face. It's the same thing with tobacco companies. Sure, cigarettes are bad for you. But it's not as if the company representative comes to your house with a cigarette and a lighter and shows you how to smoke or leads you to the store. Smoking (or not smoking) is a choice. Buying cigarettes is your choice. It's called free will. You're going to do what you want to do. Enough of my ranting for now. I'm out.