sábado, junio 05, 2004

Ah, another gorgeous Saturday...and I'm stuck inside

I just got the daily weather report on my phone. It is currently 66F and is supposed to reach a high today of 86F with intermittent clouds. ¡Qué lindo! I'm ready to get this body in a swimsuit and in the pool so I can get a tan. I don't get off work until 4, and after I get off I have all the adult responsibilities to take care of -- laundry, cleaning, groceries, cooking, etc. I want to go swimming, but more than anything, I want a tan. I might have to break down and go to a tanning bed a couple of times. I know I said that I wouldn't do that, but I just don't have the time to spend outside soaking up the rays like I used to in high school and college.

I really think that most kids in school don't realize how good they have it. School(at least when I was in it) lasted from 8:00-3:00. There were no weekends required, and you got a break for roughly 3 months in the summer, plus about 2 weeks off for Christmas. Now, I get 3 weeks off a year, and I generally don't take those as consecutive weeks, just so I get a couple of well-spaced breaks a year.

I asked my husband about getting a cable package en español. I'm trying to improve my Spanish skills, and I thought that watching tv in Spanish would definitely help. I really feel that I should be more fluent than I am, considering that my husband is a native speaker. Anyway, I'm straying from the point. I emailed him a list of the included channels and he said that it's pretty crappy. I guess that means no Spanish cable for Carrie. Oh well.