martes, junio 22, 2004

Back to the grind

I'm getting back on the South Beach Diet this week. Yesterday I did well until dinner. My husband and I were both feeling bad and I really didn't feel like cooking, so we ordered in Chinese. I really didn't eat much, but I had an eggroll and a cheese wonton. I don't suppose that's going to kill me. I'm going to do better today. My sister is doing the diet with me. She called me last night to check in on how it's going. I felt bad telling her that I was in the middle of eating a chinese dinner, especially after she told me that she went to her mother-in-laws house, where they were having a birthday party with hamburgers, cake, and homemade ice cream. She said that all she ate was a plain hamburger patty with some cheese on it. No cake, no ice cream. I felt like a heel.

On a different note, I'm moving at work today. My department has been split up for the last few months with some of us in one building and some in another. We're all moving into the same area now. It'll be nice to not have to make a trek across 2 buildings to see my supervisor. I also got to wear jeans today because of the move. That was handy, especially since I woke up late today.