lunes, junio 21, 2004

Monday blues

It's just another Monday. I feel yucky. I'm afraid I'm coming down with something. Julian stayed home today because he was feeling poor. I don't have the luxury of staying home. My work operates on a system of "occurrences" for absences and tardies. You get 1 occurrence for each full day you miss and a partial occurrence for tardies, either .25 or .5, depending on how much time you miss. If it's 30 minutes or less, you get a quarter, and if it's 31 minutes to 2 hours late, you get a half. More than 2 hours is a full occurrence. You also get the opportunity to work off the occurrences by having perfect attendance for 30 days. I was absent on the 11th of June, so I need to be here until July 12th without any absences or tardies to get that occurrence back. I should be okay. I'm getting to a point where I'm feeling kind of burned-out. I need a vacation. I'm going to be off on July 5, which is only 2 weeks from today, and then I have a vacation at the end of July from the 25th until August 2.
My 5 year wedding anniversary is July 28th, so I think Julian and I are going to leave our son with my parents for a night and have a little vacation of our own. We never did have a honeymoon. We didn't have a typical courtship. I met him online. At the time, he was still in Buenos Aires and I was here. We talked online for several months, as friends initially and then it grew into more. He came to the US to meet me in May 1999. He was here on a 3 month tourist visa with a return flight already booked in August, so if things didn't work out once we met in person, he would go home and that would be that. Well, things did work out. We decided to marry. We got an apartment together in the middle of July 1999 and married on July 28 1999. Our wedding was in the living room at my parents' house. The minister came out. We had 7 guests -- my mom and step-dad, my sister and her husband and their 2 kids, and my best friend. My mom made us a little wedding cake and my sister provided my bouquet. It was nice, albeit not the large wedding I had hoped for. We've been meaning for several years to either have a reception or renew our vows and have a larger group of people in attendance. Maybe soon.