domingo, junio 20, 2004

What a cookout

Last night we had a cookout with a couple of friends. This had been arranged earlier in the week. I was looking forward to getting out of the house and having some time with our friends. I called one of them earlier in the day to make sure they had drinks there, or if I needed to bring anything. It was about 3 in the afternoon and he was soooo drunk already. I was advised by him that he and his roommate (both named Jon) had gone on a local brewery tour earlier in the day and had started drinking at lunch and were currently in a bar, continuing the drinking with some other guys. I was thinking at this point about cancelling the cookout, since I really didn't want to take my family to the house of 2 drunks guys cooking with fire. We decided to go. Things started out okay. They put Toy Story in for my son to watch. I and my husband each got a beer. As far as food, we had hamburgers, hot dogs, waffle fries, potato salad and a lemon silk dessert that I made. The food was yummy. I think the guys had a rough day of it, though. They were both passed out before we left at 9, one in his bed and the other on the sofa. I put the perishables away and cleaned up some and woke one of them up to let us out, so they didn't leave the front door unlocked all night.
We came home and got Enzo in bed. I put in an Eddie Izzard dvd -- Dress to Kill. I love Eddie Izzard. I laid down on our futon to watch and fell asleep. I woke up on the futon this morning at 7. I asked Julian why I was still on the futon, and he said that he tried to wake me, but couldn't, so he covered me up and left me. I think I'm getting too old for this.