jueves, septiembre 16, 2004

Update on the spider bite

He's fine. He can be such a hypochondriac at times. I took half a day off work and spent 2 hours in the doctor's office to have him tell me, "Hey, I'm fine. I got a prescription for some cream if the itching doesn't stop."

I suppose it's better to be safe than sorry, especially in the case of a spider bite. Our doctor said that he's been seeing a lot of patients presenting with spider bites, like a couple a day. It must be spider season, if such a thing exists. I just hope he's the only one who gets bitten in the family.

The doctor gave a tip for avoiding spiders:

Don't leave clothing on the floor. (Isn't that something mothers have been saying for centuries?)


3 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

I think some people taste better than others. I get spider bites all the time. I have has some really cool looking spots, rashes, and purple bumps. Seems like my wife and kids never get bit. I guess spiders just have good taste.

9/16/2004 10:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger carrie said...

I guess you're right about spiders having good taste. I've been bitten more times than I can count. I have scars on my legs from some of them. One especially cool one is on my right thigh, and you can still see the fang marks. That one is probably 20 years old.

I almost wish the spider had bitten me instead of the hubby. He bitched and moaned for 2 days about how it itched, how he couldn't sleep, etc. I'm sorry, but I really didn't have that much sympathy for him. A little background: when I was pregnant with our son, I had PUPPPs (Pruritic Urticarial Pustules and Plaques of Pregnancy). That's a long name for a horrible itchy rash that happens when you're pregnant. The way to cure it: give birth. It doesn't happen to that many women. I had this rash thing all over both legs, my abdomen, my back, my arms -- basically everywhere except my face, hands, and feet. I got to the point that the only times I didn't itch were when I was in the bathtub soaking in some Aveeno or at night when I was in my Benadryl-induced sleep.

So to make a long story short, after having a full body rash for months that I knew wouldn't go away until I had the baby, I couldn't stand listening to my husband whine about a couple of spots on his arms.

9/17/2004 05:53:00 a.m.  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

It's all about your basis of comparison. If you have never had an itch then anything is bad. What you needed to do was put some icy/hot on the crotch of his underwear. Now, with that to compare his little spider itch to he could understand what was significant itching and what was not. Try it next time.

9/17/2004 02:21:00 p.m.  

Publicar un comentario

<< Home